Plugin usage analytics
Krew does not track user behavior. However, for plugins that distribute their
packages as assets on GitHub
Krew offers some statistics to track download analytics for your plugins over
To see your plugin’s download statistics over time:
- Visit the stats.krew.dev dashboard.
- Click the “Individual Plugin Stats” report.
- Choose your plugin from the dropdown and browse the data for your plugin.
This data is obtained by scraping the downloads count of your plugin assets via
the GitHub API regularly. Since Krew does not track its users, this data:
- does not reflect active installations
- does not distinguish between installs, reinstalls, and upgrades
- is purely a tracking of download counts of your release assets over time
Note: The Krew plugin stats dashboard is provided as a best effort by Krew
maintainers to measure the success of Krew and its plugins. We cannot guarantee
its availability and accuracy.
The scraping code can be found